Friday, July 20, 2012

7/21/12 - Back In Singapore

We found a place to live!  2 bedroom condo, right on an MRT (subway) stop and close to a hawker centre and food market.  Sarah's commute to school should be pretty manageable from there.  Our stay at the temporary apartment will continue for a few more weeks because 95% of what we own is somewhere in the middle of the Pacific.  I'm still hoping our container is on the edge of the boat and a big wave grabs it (all new stuff!) but it will be nice when it gets here so we can move in.  After that, please come visit, just let us know in advance.

I spent the past week up in Penang, an island further up the Malay peninsula where my client is located.  I'll take some photos next week as it is more actual Asia vs. the Asia lite where we are currently residing.  Plus its cheaper.  Everything seems to have the same price as Singapore, you just pay for it in Ringgits instead of Sing Dollars.  Look up the exchange rate yourself.  Somehow I ended up in a TGIFridays, Chilli's and McDonald's in a 48 hour period up there.  I'm pretty sure in the U.S. I wasn't in those three establishments in the same year let alone the same week.  Its nice to trade off green curry and prawns and chicken tikka masala for a McFlurry and fries when you're 10,000 miles from home.

Sarah still has a few more weeks until school starts so she's learning the island better than myself.  I heard rumors of photos she posted on a Facebook.  If you haven't seen them I'm including one as a preview.  Its from the top of the Marina Bay Sands Hotel - something tells me her iPhone is going to get a workout here.



Its pool time for now - need to rest up.  The British Open is on tonight.  Who would have thought I'd have to stay up late to watch it vs. waking up early?

No comments:

Post a Comment