Friday, December 21, 2012

12/22/12 - Heading Home for the Holidays

Work officially got the best of me these past 2 weeks so the spare time for blogging was cut out of the schedule.  The good news is we hit our deadline and now its time for some relaxation.  For me, this means I'm leaving the 88 degrees of humidity and sunshine and heading back to cold and snowy Minnesota.  Considering it was 78 degrees last week at night and I was "cold" this could get ugly.  I think the high for the day I land is 26 degrees.  Yikes!  I made sure to go for one last swim today and soak up as much sunshine and heat as I could.  We'll see if it helps - my guess is, no, no it will not.  Bring on the pajama pants and the fireplace.

It will nice to head to the airport in an hour knowing that when I hear the Christmas music that has been playing all month it means I am headed towards that myself.  My staff got me off to a great start two days ago with this Christmas present.  They couldn't be nicer (or harder workers) and I plan on doing some scoping around in the US for presents to bring back to Southeast Asia.  If anyone has thoughts or ideas, you know where to find me.

I'll try and post an update or two while back in the U.S.  Something tells me the culture and climate shock could make for some interesting interactions over the next week and a half.  Regardless, can't wait to see friends, family, have some good wine, watch football on live TV and reacquaint myself with the 3 B's (Burgers, Burritos and Beer - the darker kind).

Happy Holidays from Singapore - next stop Minnesota (via Hong Kong and San Francisco - ouch).

No comments:

Post a Comment